Sunday 4 September 2016

Today I will be introducing, 'Say it how it is Sundays', which as you've probably guessed will be every Sunday (hopefully.) The aim is to write about something, without having to sugar coat it.


Yesterdays post was all about getting to know the person behind the blog. All though there wasn't much interaction with that one, but that's fine we have time people! Not that I didn't want to write everything down about my day yesterday but a full day of being a mum at a wedding was quite tiresome.


So here goes.


At 7:30 am yesterday morning, I wake up with a crying baby as my alarm clock. My princess is hungry, so I must go to the kitchen and prepare her bottle. I open the bedroom door and her grandfather is waiting to collect her and orders me to go back to bed for an hour. Brilliant. We have a wedding to attend today, it's not for a while but an hours sleep will do me a world of good. I hoped that the whole day will be this kind to me.


It's now 9am and do you think I was able to go back to sleep? of course not, my brain is thinking of the most ridiculous topics. What will I do once I finally win the lottery? I should probably start buying lottery tickets? I've been dreaming about a what if scenario and now I'm grumpy that my brain didn't co-operate. I decide it's probably best to go downstairs to see what's what.


Sat in her walker, my little one is overly excited to see my face. I pick her up and squeeze her tightly. her fat cheeks look good enough to eat. I missed her. she starts to cry because I didn't pick her rattle up at the same time. I don't miss that so much.


I put her back into her seat, and bribe her to keep quiet with a pack of wotsits. She's beaming but then after 30 seconds realises that she's no longer sat in my arms overlooking the world. I may have gone deaf for a moment. DIVA.


I really need to start getting ready. Her gran is ready to feed her. Brilliant. I make the most of this time by getting ready as quickly as  I can. We don't have much time until we must go the church. My final dilemma is the competition between 3 ladies and one pair of straightners.


Once we're all ready to go, we set off. It's pouring with rain. I hoped we'd be able to find a space close to the church. I don't want to look like a drowned rat before the event even begins. Luckily, were not too far and I remember my umbrella. As I push the pram I order my partner to hold the umbrella over my hair. Instead he covers himself and gives an indepth explanation of how much rain fell on his suit. cheers babes.


The wedding ceremony went as smoothly as it was supposed to. Of course Diva starts to make a fuss when the vicar asks all guests if we had any objections. my heart sinks and my cheeks burn bright red as I quickly stand up and edge to the side. Aside from that, all went well.


It's now time to head back to the car and drive down to the reception. Its down the marina, close to the centre of town. It takes us 5 loops of the same car park to find a spot but we make it. Hallelujah.


Now is the most difficult time, keeping a baby entertained without rattles, toys or wotsits. I manage, I must. Its time to eat now. we all head upstairs to the seating area. There is a long staircase and a lift. It takes us ten minutes at least to go upstairs because of all the lazy people waiting for the lift. They really start to p*ss me off! I'm tiered and hangry.


Its not long till we can go home. Both myself and my partner agree that we should probably stay for the first dance. However, little madam decides otherwise. She grabs the cutlery, and throws it on the floor along with her dummy, her shoes and anything else that she can get her hands on. She interrupts the bests mans speech and cries her little heart out when her bottle wouldn't warm up as quick as she hoped. so we end up leaving once our desserts are finished with.


I've had a lovely time, despite being tiered most of the day but it's definitely time to head home now. Plus I don't think I can handle my drunk partner telling me anymore about how he missed his football match. I'm excited to leave but I'm happy we made it.




We survived our first ever family event. WE DID IT!!



does anyone else have any stories that they would like to share??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment